dac Racing Formula provides a balanced vitamin and mineral profile for high performance horses & elite equine athletes. Vitamins and minerals play a critical role in numerous metabolic functions including nerve function, immune function, hoof and coat quality, as well as energy balance. Enhanced with probiotics.
Each scoop contains min 3,972 mg crude protein, min 1,700 mg crude fat, max 4,250 mg crude fiber, min 3,121 mg/max 3,688 mg calcium, min 1,135 mg phosphorus, min 133.5 mg iron, min 106.5 mg zinc, min 59.6 mg manganese, min 19.8 mg copper and min 1.1 mg selenium.
Directions: Can be fed with fortified or unfortified grains. Fortified grains contain added vitamins and minerals and require a lower feeding rate of this supplement. Horses in training – 2 oz daily per 1,000 lbs body weight if fed with unfortified grain. Consult an equine nutritionist or dac® if feeding this product with fortified grain. For use in horses only. Scoop included.
Made in the USA.
What makes dac Racing Formula different?
• Organic Selenium – selenium is an essential nutrient that plays a critical role in metabolism, healthy growth, reproductive health, and immunity. It also acts as a powerful antioxidant to prevent fatty acid oxidation which can cause tissue damage. Research has shown that Sel-Plex®, an organic form of selenium, is more readily absorbed and retained than selenium in inorganic forms. Sel‐Plex® is the ONLY organic selenium to be reviewed by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
• Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant during strenuous exercise. Horses with an inadequate reserve of antioxidants might experience muscle soreness or stiffness during an exercise bout and prolonged recovery following hard work.
• Bio-available Trace Minerals, or chelated minerals, are those that have been bonded to two or more amino acids. A mineral in this chelated state allows easy passage through the intestinal wall into the blood resulting in increased metabolism of that mineral. dac® Racing Formula utilizes organic minerals to increase availability and enhance absorption rates.
• Iron plays a critical role in oxygen transport and cellular respiration. Iron makes up the center of hemoglobin, which is the oxygen transport molecule in blood. It is also present in myoglobin, which helps get oxygen into your horse’s muscles.
• Biotin is a water soluble B-vitamin. A number of research trials have concluded that providing 20 mg of biotin per day will result in significant improvements to hoof quality in a period between 6 and 12 months.
• Probiotics are live microorganisms (including beneficial strains of bacteria) thought to be beneficial to the horse. These natural additives help maintain the correct balance of microflora in the small intestine and cecum to help bypass nutrients be completely digested in the gut.