dac Total Performance Plus is a highly concentrated powder vitamin and mineral supplement plus joint support intended for high performance horses and elite equine athletes.
Each scoop contains min 2,270 mg crude protein, min 1,135 mg crude fat, max 4,250 mg crude fiber, min 1,980 mg/max 2,400 mg calcium, min 700 mg phosphorus, min 85 mg iron, min 70 mg zinc, min 39 mg manganese, min 13 mg copper, min 0.7 mg selenium, 2,800 mg MSM, 1,320 mg glucosamine, 330 mg chondroitin sulfate, 165 mg shark cartilage, 50 mg sodium hyaluronate and 3.75 mg biotin.
Directions: Can be fed with fortified or unfortified grains. Fortified grains contain added vitamins and minerals and require a lower feeding rate of this supplement. If fed with unfortified grains – Light exercise: 2 oz daily per 1,000 lbs body weight; Moderate to heavy exercise: 3 oz daily per 1,000 lbs body weight; Very heavy exercise: 4 oz daily per 1,000 lbs body weight. Consult an equine nutritionist or dac® if feeding this product with fortified grain. Not for use in ruminants. Scoop included.
Made in the USA.
What makes dac Total Performance Plus different?
• Organic Selenium – selenium is an essential nutrient that plays a critical role in metabolism, healthy growth, reproductive health and immunity. It also acts as a powerful antioxidant to prevent fatty acid oxidation which can cause tissue damage. Research has shown that Sel-Plex®, an organic form of selenium, is more readily absorbed and retained than selenium in inorganic forms. Sel-Plex® is the ONLY organic selenium to be reviewed by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
• Bio-available Trace Minerals, or chelated minerals, are those that have been bonded to two or more amino acids. A mineral in this chelated state allows easy passage through the intestinal wall into the blood resulting in increased metabolism of that mineral. dac® Total Performance Plus utilizes organic minerals to increase availability and enhance absorption rates.
• Glucosamine HCL is required by the body for the synthesis of an important family of macromolecules called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). These GAGs make up many body tissues including tendons, ligaments, and cartilage. The lack of glucosamine in the joints may lead to specific tissue weakness.
• Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a source of bio-available sulfur. Sulfur plays a critical role in the synthesis of connective tissues, hormones and essential amino acids. Scientific research suggests that MSM may also have anti-inflammatory properties.
• Chondroitin Sulfate is a glycosaminoglycan (GAG) that provides structural components to the articular cartilage matrix and provides protective and nutritive functions to the joints.
• Sodium Hyaluronate is a glycosaminoglycan (GAG) that provides structural components to the synovial fluid and provides protective and nutritive functions to the joints.